Reducing a worksite's financial, environmental and social cost is crucial. To do this, the Group is developing materials which:
- offer the best value for money,
- are fast and simple to implement on site.
Lafarge's technology has made it possible to develop a whole range of products which are more fluid, easier to install and which make worksites more convenient. The amount of time saved also ensures a better carbon footprint and a reduction in pollution to local residents, another focus of Lafarge's R&D work.
In the Gypsum business, Lafarge has concentrated on reducing the "supplied and fitted" cost. All plasterboards are equipped with increasingly powerful solutions to make them easier and faster to fit.
For renders, Lafarge has designed a "ready-mixed" range which does not produce any dust when sanded. This is an advantage in terms of health and increases professionals' comfort.
As well as new products, to make implementation easier, Lafarge also offers its customers a range of related services such as:
- support from technical-sales teams,
- networks of builders for some high-tech products,
- turnkey solutions for the construction of schools, hospitals, hotels, etc.